Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

KKN Day 1

15 Jan 2010
Today is the first day of KKN! Yesterday, gw dianterin bokap nyokap along with my uncle sampe Jatinangor. It has been 3 years since my parents last visited me. So I was actually thrilled! I was told to gather at 6 am in campus tapi gw sama sekali belum tau kelompok KKN gw. So then I called the ketua kelompok known as KorDes (Koordinator Desa). And so I met the rest of the people in the group on the bus. There were Nurul, Achmad, Hilman, Achi, Winny, Nila, Dini, Hilman, Rizal, Fian, Ristanti, Nita and Veby. Subang is located just right above Bandung. The village that we're staying at is called Mekarjaya and is 20km away from the northern beach. We first arrived at the balai desa of Mekarjaya in which the kepala desa tells us the place where we're gonna stay. Kepala desanya blg klo rumahnya gabungan 3 rmh. But when we got there we were too shocked to even speak. The house was totally deserted, the windows were dusty and there were barely any lightings. Worst of all was the bathroom and kitchen happened to be in the same room and it was super dark. The bathroom had no door and the toilet was in such a strange shape that I have never seen before. It was tall like a stool, but made of cement. it looked like a toilet and a sink combined in one, but I'm definitely sure that it was a toilet! So there I was, standing with eyes bulging out and imagining myself having to stay there for a whole month.
But luckily we found a much decent house. This house was practically a Vegas in the village. It has a room with 2 single beds, a mini market right next-door, a washing machine, and the bathroom was normal. The house is similar to those in Jakarta and the lady allowed us to stay there and so we did. Thank God!
And later on that night, Nanda and Yara showed up. They haven't seen the super spooky house yet. But we'll get to that part later...

No comments: