Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Raggedy Ann


Raggedy Ann, I'm sure many of you have heard of her. She's a rag doll with red hair and triangle nose. Back then, my mom introduced me to the short animated film called "Raggedy Ann in 'The Enchanted Square'" which was first created in 1947. The cartoon was said to be controversial, in which it told a story about a police officer who gave a blind little girl a Raggedy Ann doll, she may see the doll if she uses her imagination. Back when I was a girl, i thought Raggedy Ann looked slightly scary because she looked more like a clown than a ragged doll and had a grown-up voice when she sings. But what I liked about this cartoon was the enchanted fairyland, a place where any little girls would want to be. And it sends out the message that other than your eyes, you may also see with your heart. And imagination, of course.

No comments: