Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Dealing with Grief and Loss

Experiencing the loss of someone you care about is very heartbreaking. Be it a death of a loved one, a relationship breakup or moving away to a new place. My mother's younger sister recently passed away this morning. For a long time she suffered from diabetes which lead to kidney failure where she experienced sequences of hemodialysis. In some ways, everyone grieves differently. I try not to grieve for too long. At first, I usually feel numb and have trouble believing what happened. Whenever I go through a hard time, I always try to convince myself that I feel fine. I do believe that it is important to be honest about your feelings but at the same time I think it's unnecessary to sugarcoat it. I try not to let negative emotion take over me, therefore I tend to push it away and convince myself that I'm not even feeling it at all. Sometimes I need to remind myself that it is okay be sad and cry. If I don't cry, it does not necessarily mean that I am not sorry about the loss. I think that people who don't cry may feel the pain just as deep as those who cry.

No comments: